Tuesday, January 24, 2017

My new story



This is a new story that I had written at home. The first time, it wasn't a very good draft, so I made another version (the final version) and will share it here on my blog. I hope you enjoy and try to identify what kind of story it is. Good Luck!

Here is my story:

How Squirrel Fed Her Neighbors

Squirrel was busy all the time. She went up and down trees. She visited her neighbours. She shared her food. Nobody was hungry. There was always plenty of food.

Then, winter came. It was cold. It was snowy everywhere and Squirrel got hungry. Where was all the food? Rabbit said one day:

“Squirrel, we are hungry. Do you have any food?” “No,” answered Squirrel, “but I’ll see what food I can find.

Squirrel asked Oak Tree for help. “Oak Tree, do you have any acorns?” asked Squirrel.

“No acorns for you! I am saving them! They are like my children, and I do not intend to give away any,” said the Oak Tree.

 Squirrel thought for a moment.

“Oak Tree,” she asked, “can I have just one acorn, please?”

“No,” the tree replied.

“I can grow another tree like you and give you back a couple of acorns,” pleaded Squirrel. She really needed that one acorn for her plan to work. Finally, the Oak Tree gave in.

Squirrel then did as she said and grew a great big tree next to her tree house with her neighbours. After the tree had grown acorns, Squirrel returned to Oak Tree and gave him a handful acorns.

“Thank you,” said the Oak Tree.

And from that day on, Squirrel and her neighbours never ran out of food again.

The End

This story is a folktale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Please be nice and constructive.